Contemporary oil paintings from a studio located deep in the West Hills of Portland, Oregon



Friday, June 5, 2009

Sold!



Where A River Goes 6"x6" oil on canvas
SOLD

About three years ago I came up with the brilliant idea to paint 100 6"x6" oil on canvas landscapes and have them in an exhibit to be entitled "100 To Show". What I failed to realize was, as I painted them, if someone wanted to buy one, of course I'd sell it. Who am I to deny someone the pleasure of my craft? Ahem. So I continued painting and they continued (sporadically) selling. Now I sit at my easel realizing that I am nearing the end of my original inventory of 100. I knew with the sale of the first one, that my dream to have all of them at the same time had gone up in curls of smoke. Oh well. For what it's worth, I have about 50 left. Not nearly as cool as 100 to show. What brought all this up is that I recently sold two more little square gems at the Mary Lou Zeek Gallery. Here they are. Say goodbye to them.

2 comments:

  1. I can see why you were unable to hang on to these beautiful little gems! Fifty 6 x 6 canvasses is "nothing to sneeze at" as far as number goes... although I understand that 100 altogether would have been terribly impressive!!! But... have you thought about perhaps having an odd number for your show, which would sound almost as cool as 100. Let's see..."56 To Show" - sounds like there MUST be a special reason for the number, don't you think???? Congrats on selling 2 more, and now having 2 more to replace! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne, thank you for the kind words. And thank you too for your interesting comments! I'll definitely give it some thought. These little guys have been fun to do. I hope your weather gets better! Snow in July? What kind of crazy is that??

    ReplyDelete