Contemporary oil paintings from a studio located deep in the West Hills of Portland, Oregon



Monday, May 4, 2009

Standing Alone

6"x6" oil on canvas
Sold


Now and again while walking in a field or the woods, I'll come upon a solitary plant. The only kind like it, all by itself. The seed, carried there from an unknown source, made the decision to call it a day and put down roots. I can't help but to view this as an act of true courageousness. It takes tenacity, perseverance and spirit to thrive by yourself, weathering the elements and assorted other dangers that come with life in the wilderness.
These solitary rogues put a smile on my face as I silently cheer them on. My wish for them is that they grow and flourish to a ripe old age. Strong, healthy and whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment